Twitter virtual anipal parties and events raise funds for various animal charities, raise awareness of animal-related issues or foster anipal community. They can be great ways to have fun and help animals all at the same time. Folks who are new to Twitter or to anipal tweeting can get involved as much as those of us who have been doing it for a long time. Ways to get involved can be simple or complicated. Just find which works for you and go with it. Here are some ways on twitter to get involved and help animals while having fun.
How You Can Help
- Tweet or Retweet about the next #Pawpawty or other twitter anipal pawty or event. The more the word gets out, the more successful the event.
- Blog or write articles about anipal events. Again, let people know.
- Volunteer your time and talent as DJ, barktender, organizer, graphic artist, Sekurity, Quizmaster, web work or whatever it is you can do. We’ll be glad to teach you how to do many of these things, just ask.
- Make Theme Avatars. From Face in Hole to fancy custom graphics, many anipals want help creating avatars for an event theme.
- Donate prizes. Anything from pet related notes, pet toys, jewelry, original art, custom graphics or avatars, donations to that event’s charity in the winner’s name or whatever you can think of that people and pets might enjoy.
- Donate your couch change or one day’s worth of cappuccino money. $1 or $3 donations really add up like you wouldn’t believe.
- The most important thing you can do: ATTEND and Pawty! You don’t have to give anything but your presence to help. Just being there and having fun helps build the event, and that helps raise funds from people who have them to share. Sometimes we’re all tapped out or saving for a new refrigerator or something. Don’t let that stop you from attending! Every single pawty organizer I’ve ever met truly wants your presence no matter what.
Regular Twitter Anipal Pawties & Events
- #Pawpawty – This is the original virtual anipal pawty. It happens once a month for 24 hours at a time with themes, quizzes and prizes, virtual bartenders and DJs. This is some serious fun, and we normally raise funds for a small shelter or rescue in the US, UK, Australia or any place around the world.
- There are also community building and education events like #keepfits, #petchat, anipal birthday parties, and more. Some are weekly and others are one time events. You can keep track of all the anipal twitter events on The Anipal Times Event Calendar.
If you have questions or suggestions about ways you can get involved, click the little contact button at the top of the page and drop me a note. I’ll be glad to help if I can.